Job title: PR Consultant
Job type: Permanent
Employment type: Full-time
Location: London Office
Who we are
Founded in Nigeria in 2006, BHM is one of Africa’s most successful communications consultancies. With an impressive client roster, including Coca Cola, Heineken and Reckitt, we work with businesses, individuals, organisations, and governments to communicate responsibly and effectively. Our services include brand communications, strategic advisory, reputation management, corporate communications, research and Intelligence, media relations and issues management.
We launched BHM UK on March 8, 2021 to bridge communications between the UK and Africa. Combining unique expertise of both geographical regions, we help African businesses communicate to UK audiences, and UK organisations to navigate the African market. BHM UK is on an exciting journey of growth and we’re looking for passionate, entrepreneurial and curious people to join our team.
In both Africa and the UK, we have deeply-rooted values, and we live by our motto ‘people before profit’. We invest in our team and always ensure they’re recognised, valued and rewarded.
The Consultant role
At BHM UK, a Consultant’s purpose is to provide day to day management of client accounts and support the growth and development of the agency.
The Consultant’s core responsibilities will include:
- Working with clients from a variety of industries to devise and implement PR and marketing campaigns
- Regularly liaising with clients to ensure excellent levels of service and satisfaction
- Creating engaging, multimedia content, for both BHM and our clients, and distributing via owned and earned channels
- Assisting with the new business process
Who you are
Key requirements of the Consultant:
- Previous experience in a PR or communications role – either in house or agency
- Existing UK media and influencer contacts and experience proactively pitching to journalists
- Excellent written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Passion, entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and improve
BHM UK’s salary banding for a Consultant ranges between £25k – £35k, depending on experience. In addition, Consultants will also receive a flexible benefits package.
This is a full time role. While there are offices in London and Edinburgh, this person will not need to be in an office everyday – you can work remotely if required, providing you can come to an office for workshops, training and meetings.
How to apply
To apply for the Consultant position, please send your CV to Alex Lewington at our recruitment partners, Reuben Sinclair; firstname.lastname@example.org.
BHM UK is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we celebrate diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.